Thursday, June 28, 2012

June is for Weddings: Unexpected Part 2

As you might know, I live in a building connected to a temple. Every once in awhile, a wedding occurs where I live. This time I got invited to the wedding by one of the guests while going to my room a few floors above where people were getting ready for the party in the backyard.

I got to eat all kinds of Indian food, most that I tried before but this was much better. One thing that still bothers me is how comfortable people are with just throwing their little tinfoil plates on the grass even though there are some trash cans, albeit inadequate for the amount of garbage. Afterwards there was a giant mess.

I got to meet a lot of the family and friends of the person who invited me, and eventually I started dancing. I showed off my American moves (people started calling me Charlie Chaplin). Later, I started learning Indian dancing. I got really tired and sweaty. I must have looked really pathetic in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment